Position: Senior Finance Manager
Position: Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: Country Director / Director of Finance (HQ)
Duration: 1-year renewable
Salary Grade: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
International Lifeline Fund (ILF), a US-based non-government 501(c)(3) organization, is actively seeking a Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Uganda. For this role, we are seeking a high energy, innovative, strong financial and results driven individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to add value by providing strategic thinking and results-based leadership capabilities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: In close collaboration with the Country Director (CD) and Director of Finance (DOF) at HQ, the Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for ILF’s day-to-day financial tracking of the country office including but not limited to the following:
- Serve as business advisor to the team on all financial matters, working collaboratively with the senior team and staff at our global Head Quarters (HQ).
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning process, including annual/quarterly budgets for the organization and project budgets for grants and/or other activities.
- Present regular project briefings and status updates to the team regarding budget v actual and cost estimates.
- Review the accounting, billing and financial reporting systems, address required improvements and monitors changes to protect the financial and operational integrity of ILF while minimizing risk.
- Supervise finance staff in normal financial duties. Review and ensure accuracy in monthly/annual/grant-driven reports generated by finance staff, providing regular updates to CD and DOF.
- Provide support to CD and assist with business development activities.
- Has intimate knowledge of business models, financial systems, and operations and be willing to follow and enforce ILF policies and procedures.
- Develop financial reports and templates as needed and ensures recurring, timely communication with key executives, and business partners. Responsible for directing, developing and executing data analysis procedures and key metrics reporting.
- Maintain and execute detailed tracking of all program activities by donor or grant, ensuring conformity at all levels.
- Ensure compliance with all operational, financial, registration and auditing protocols within Uganda and/or as required by donors’ procedures.
- Stay abreast of any deadlines connected to Human Resources and Administration or Programs.
- Train/advise Program Managers/Senior Officers on project financial management.
- Be service minded, keeping a professional and friendly attitude while dealing with colleagues and business partners.
- Report immediately to CD and Director of Finance any financial procedure breach.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance administration and additional ACCA / CPA qualifications.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in financial management for large and complex projects in medium and large institutions (preferably in NGOs).
- Ability and flexibility to handle high levels of pressure to meet very strict deadlines and critical decision making.
- High integrity, unquestionable character, and commitment coupled with good leadership qualities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, conversant with computer-based finance management software skills and experience with Quick Books.
- Proven history of long-term engagement and stability.
We are seeking long-term retention for the right candidate so applicants from within the region will have a preference.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your cover letter, resume, and academic by email to HR@lifelinefund.org, no phone calls, please. The deadline for submission is 6th April 2018. Please note that only successful candidates shall be contacted.