Lifeline’s innovative fuel-efficient cookstove program in Uganda is tackling rising wood and charcoal costs while reducing overall biomass used for cooking. We are also helping communities leverage fuel and cost savings to be able to afford more goods and improve their quality of life.
- 380,000+ efficient cookstoves sold/distributed across East Africa and the Caribbean
- One of the largest stove manufacturing centers in Uganda: producing 50,000 stoves per year and employing 150+ community members
- 42% average fuel savings for household stoves, 60% average fuel savings for institutional stoves
- Over 2 million lives affected
- Over 1 million tons of CO2 offset through the use of fuel-saving stoves
- 10% increase in disposable income for 96,000 urban and peri-urban families in Uganda
- 20% increase in disposable income for 50,000 urban and peri-urban families in Haiti