Location: Based remotely, virtual work
Target start date: February 10, 2020
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Salary: Negotiable. Estimated contribution of 10-20 hours/week.
Background: International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is a non-profit organization that began working in refugee and displacement camps, emergency settings, and emerging markets in 2003 to enable sustainable access to fuel-efficient cooking technologies and reliable safe water. Lifeline operates under the conviction that many of the core problems underpinning global poverty – such as lack of access to efficient cooking technologies and clean water – can be addressed through market forces that sustain community-driven economic growth and livelihood benefits. With all our initiatives, Lifeline’s approach engages community stakeholders in the design, ownership, and long-term profit of these natural resource enterprises.
Position Description: The Communications Associate position will apply his/her professional knowledge and expertise to support Lifeline in all communication needs. We are looking for a goal-oriented self-starter with a strong desire to innovate. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and digital), cross-cultural competence, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative, with attention to details and deadlines as key. Experience with non-profits working in international development is preferred. Position is fully remote/virtual.
- In coordination with the leadership team, assist in development of an organic social media content strategy for all platforms in support of overarching brand strategy and awareness goals to engage new audiences in alignment with Lifeline’s mission and organizational strategy
- Generate, edit, schedule, and publish daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that elevates our brand and builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Support organic social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, bench-marking, messaging and audience identification
- Create editorial content calendars and syndication schedules; look for opportunities to leverage existing content and promote Lifeline
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Complete administrative activities in support of the position within established deadlines; and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in media-related studies or comparable work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in professional marketing and communications
- Extensive knowledge of media platforms (MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media, etc.)
- Digital portfolio of past work should be submitted with resume
- Committed investment in Lifeline’s mission
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to take initiative as a self-starter, working independently and with the team; time management and flexible multi-tasking is a priority
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and digital portfolio to HR@lifelinefund.org by January 31, 2020.